Special Effects Makeup Schools and Colleges in the U #culinary #schools #in #east #texas, #special #effects #makeup #schools
Special Effects Makeup Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Aesthetician and Skin Care
- Barber and Hair Cutting Services
- Beauty Salon Management
- Cosmetology, Hair, and Nail Instructor
- Facial Treatment Specialist
- Hair Design
- Make-Up Artist
- Nail Technician – Manicurist
- Permanent Cosmetics and Tattooing
College Selection Criteria
Students interested in attending a special effects makeup school may want to consider the following:
- Program type and emphasis tends to vary by program, so students may want to consider what specialty, if any, they want to pursue and if a specific program is best suited for them.
- Considering that most makeup programs with a special effects focus are available through private, for-profit schools and award certificates upon completion, students may also learn to apply special effects makeup through the theater departments of some community colleges and 4-year colleges and universities.
- Since this is a highly competitive field, students may want to take into account whether or not a program offers internship opportunities and if there are any production companies nearby.
- Many programs require students provide their own makeup and tools; verify this before applying.
Special Effects Makeup Program Overview
Certificate in Special Effects Makeup
Completion of a special effects makeup program can vary from a short, intensive course to a 1-year program. Students typically need to purchase their own makeup supplies. Courses focus on performance makeup techniques, including those used to simulate a certain age or expression. Students learn to apply prosthetics and other body alteration molds. They also create fake hair, bruises, wounds and skin textures and learn how these skills vary between film and the stage. Other subjects instructors may teach include:
- Skin care
- Color theory
- Traditional makeup applications
Programs offering special effects makeup courses are typically at the bachelor’s degree level or through diploma or certificate programs through independent, private schools. There are several items to take into consideration when choosing a program, such as internship opportunities or areas of emphasis.
Next: View Schools